Put them in chronological order and you get a brief history of me.
- 1974: Richard Sands, my first husband and the reason I moved here, couldn’t get enough of the Italian sausages.
- 1978: Larry Shirley played a lot of games (and spent a lot of money) to win me a stuffed bear.
- 1980: Jim Johnson and a group of friends insisted on Al’s french fries, one of the best tastes at the fair.
- 1982: On my first date with Sam, we rode the Ferris wheel and got our handwriting analyzed.
- 1983: Sam and I celebrated our “anniversary,” a few days before our wedding.
- 1992: Ben and Samantha rode the kiddie roller coaster at least 10 times in a row.
- 1997: The kids panned for gems as long as we’d let them.
- 2004: Samantha’s drawing won an award and hung in the education building.
- 2007: Sam and I toured the exhibits—everything from the largest pumpkin to the best decorated cakes.
- 2014: We spent most of our time at the flower and garden show, where I saw the huge chair (above) and other photo ops (below).
You gotta love the fair.